CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Valentine’s Day is on the way!!


I have been working on two different Valentine’s Day themed center activities for my students to use in math centers. The really enjoy it when I tie what we are learning to the holiday or a theme. We will be celebrating Valentine’s Day on next Friday with a school dance and a class ice cream social. My first center activity is designed to meet common core standard NBT.2.8 mentally adding and subtraction 10 and 100.
 Check it out here!

The other unit is a Valentine’s Day math hunt that my children just love. I place the cards around the room and they hunt for the cards. When they find the cards they solve the problem and place their answers on the recording form. I normally give the student that gets the most problems correct a treat. They really work hard to solve the problems correctly.
Check it out here!

 FREE!!!!!!!

If you go to my teacher pay teacher store and follow me and then leave me a message on this post I will send you one of the above centers for free.
 
 
I will also be using Mrs. Adkins Valentine's Day Party pack:

                                       
                                           Check out her bolg here!
 
Hope you enjoy!
 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment