CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Measurement fun has begun!!


We have started out measurement unit. The kids are having such a good time working cooperatively and exploring measurement. We have now learned about nonstandard units called “length units” by common core, inches and length units that correspond to inches, and centimeters and length units that correspond to centimeters.

 
 I found the cool poster on Pinterest, but could not find the original pinner. I made it for my class.

 
One other thing that I did this week was put my centers into old DVD cases for storage. I wish I had thought of this a long time ago. They store so well and I created a cover that gives the students directions for each center. My plan is to go back and make one for each of my math centers. I also included a little ruler on the spine so that the students know what standard of math that they go with at a glance. Do you have any unique ways to store your center materials? If so please share.

0 comments:

Post a Comment